As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented FX TD the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
The candidate needs to be proficient in either Houdini or Maya but experience in both programs a big bonus. You will be in charge of creating pipeline tools to ensure the FX Department is structured and efficient.
The FX TD will work closely with the FX Dept Lead ,CG supervisor and the pipeline team to create a world class FX dept. If this sounds like you, please apply! This is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our team.
- Setting up and maintaining a Digital Asset Library structure and tools, (Houdini and Maya).
- Develop and implement Houdini and Maya pipeline tools.
- Developing Houdini and Maya publishing tools. (FX Assets, FX Shots and Set FX).
- Developing the FX Department pipeline for efficiency and productivity.
- Continuously developing the Departments pipeline structure.
- Maintaining a strong support system for FX Artists.
- Create Documentation of all tools and procedures.
- Test new software and their adaptability.
- Make sure Digital Assets are production friendly and efficient.
- Develop reusable Digital FX Assets.
- Work closely with the FX Department Lead, Art Director and CG Sup to make sure the visual style of FX Assets are consistent and keeping in the style of the project.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming.
- knowledge of C/C++ programming language is a plus.
- Must have experience of pipeline workflow for animated Feature film.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Experience exporting and importing files between Houdini and Maya a big plus.
- A deep knowledge in caching formats a plus.
- Candidate must be proactive and work well in a team environment.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.