3D CG Supervisor For Feature Film Production
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented 3D CG Supervisor the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first 3D CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
The 3D CG Supervisor will play a vital role in building the new studio pipeline along with the rest of the team.
The 3D CG Supervisor will bring their expertise to the technical aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the production team. As such, they serve as a key member of the project’s leadership team and help define Boulder’s pipeline. At the beginning, you will have an important role in the look development, raising the quality while ensuring the assigned areas of production have sufficient technical, capital and human resources to meet the deadline.
- Determine technical approaches needed to achieve desired look and behaviors for the production.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of industry best practices.
- Design and maintain the pipeline workflow with the dept. supervisors, production and technology teams.
- Give clear instructions to each department and set objectives while monitoring the production process, progress and results.
- Drive production meetings and assist in client meetings.
- Ready, willing and able to answer any questions from the production team.
- Identify and eliminate potential pipeline problems before they affect production.
- Minimum five years as a Technical Supervisor in feature animation or visual Effects.
- Extensive understanding of Maya and production tracking software.
- Thorough understanding of the various technical, pipeline and creative aspects for CG animation.
- A proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- Knowledge of the post production process.
- Bonus: Experience working with PBR rendering.
- Bonus: Software development experience.
- Bonus: Familiar working in a Linux environment.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.