3D Senior Rigger – For Feature Film Production
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented Rigger the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
We are looking for a talented Senior Rigger to join our 3D animated feature team. The ideal candidate will have the required technical skills to engineer feature level rigs and have a solid understanding of creature anatomy. If this sounds like you, please apply! This is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our team.
- Work closely with the animation, modelling and rigging Leads to create and maintain high level rigs.
- Review models and flag potential problems to the supervisors.
- Work closely with modelling to create a model that meets the rigging technical requirements.
- Collaborates in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project.
- Develop rigs and new techniques to help increase the quality, while meeting production deadline.
- Create tools and scripts to help rigging be more efficient.
- Track tasks and meet production deadlines.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in facial rigging.
- Great knowledge of rigging techniques.
- Strong knowledge of animation needs.
- Ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines.
- Complete understanding anatomy, volume preservation and motion.
- High level knowledge of rigging in Maya.
- Experience with Shotgun.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Solid comprehension of mathematics.
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Excellent communication skills.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.