Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division for its new owners Hasbro Entertainment. We are excited to offer talented artists the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen.
Boulder is looking for a Character FX lead Artist to join our team! In this role, you’ll be working directly with our talented artists to create feature-quality digital character effects, such as cloth, hair and fur simulations.
- Create high quality, realistic- simulations that achieve real weight, speed and desired performance.
- Collaborate with rigging, grooming and animation teams to establish Character FX rigs, settings and workflow.
- Work well with deadlines and milestone targets.
- Submit shots for review and address any notes or changes required.
- Establish best practices for the workflow and pipeline
- Develop best practices for specific or recurrent problems
- Set development priorities, and ensure that reliable solutions are available for the team
- Mentoring and guiding fellow artists when required
- Maintain a good team dynamics
- College diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of working experience as Character FXs or Character TD, in a CG film production environment or visual effects
- Proficiency writing tools in professional packages in python or mel
- A good eye for speed, weight of all moving objects.
- Strong knowledge of Maya, xgen, nHair, Ncloth, Qualoth, Marvellous designer or similar software.
- Familiar with alembic, usd or cache based pipelines.
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production deadlines.
- Good oral and written English language communication skills.
- Knowledge of an asset manager such as SHOTGUN is a plus
- Being comfortable with a LINUX / UNIX environment is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org