Boulder Media are looking for an organised and highly motivated Production Manager to oversee a team of 40+ on an exciting and fast paced project.
The ideal candidate will have all the characteristics and skills detailed below and at least 2 – 3yrs experience in a Production Management role.
- You will be required to deal with the LA pre-production studio ensuring that all episodic shipments are complete and ready for core production
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the Producers and Directors at Boulder Media on the production status
- Create and maintain a detailed weekly report for the production of the series and the individual departments
- Create a Production report for the LA studio to ensure all scheduled plans sync up
- Help to plan and troubleshoot the pipeline for the production and any delays in delivery
- Manage overall production schedule including interdepartmental workflow and monitor / oversee department schedules and priorities
- Plan with the available resources to optimise the efficiency of each department in line with the schedule
- Ensure the production team understand the goals and deadlines of each assignment and key milestone deliveries
- Manage the animation and asset delivery to overseas animation vendor/s and in turn their deliveries back.
- Coordinate the execution of retakes and report on the level called and impact on core production.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment, encouraging and fostering a healthy atmosphere in a pressured environment, setting achievable goals and supporting the team to hit any goals or deadlines that are set out before them.
- A good working knowledge of the Harmony animation pipeline is not necessary but would be a distinct advantage when applying
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and only those with the required 2-3 years production management experience will be considered.
The role requires checking models and design materials, updating spread sheets, accurate note taking and ensuring efficient and accurate flow of information across departments.
In addition to this you may be required to create individual animation files in Harmony and check the durations and specifications of the files before animation can begin.
This role would suit an organised and thorough individual and although a good working knowledge of Harmony is not necessary it would be an advantage. Also a good understanding of the animation pipeline would be preferable.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone looking to break into the animation industry and the successful candidate will benefit from working within a busy production office and gain experience across all aspects of animation production.
Please send your applications to email@example.com
Experienced Compositor Required
We are currently looking for experienced After Effects compositors.
Compositing 2D animation and other elements with Photoshop BG artwork. Must be able to adapt to style of the show and deliver to the required standards while still meeting deadlines.
Must be proficient user of Adobe After Effects. Must have good knowledge of Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Adobe Premiere preferred but not a requirement. Knowledge of Adobe Extend Script or Java script a distinct advantage.
Showreel must show ability to accurately integrate characters and VFX into their environment and must contain detailed breakdowns of scenes from raw source materials to final composite. Showreels must be available to view online or be provided as playable DVDs. DVDs should not contain menus and should just autoplay the showreel.
Candidates must have at least 2 years experience in animation compositing. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a Compositing Test.
please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Boulder Media are looking for an experienced Toon Boom Harmony Technical Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
. Overseeing all aspects of technical components of a t.v. series pipeline.
. Creating scripts and tools to improve productivity.
. Managing technical components of Toon Boom Harmony over multiple
. Responsible for asset management in Toon Boom Harmony.
. 2+ years of experience in Toon Boom Harmony is required.
. Previous experience as a Pipeline Supervisor preferred.
. Expert knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony required.
If you have the above requirements please forward your job specific cv to email@example.com
Boulder Media are looking for a Production Assistant to join the team!
The role involves creating individual animation files in flash (FLA prep) and checking the durations and specifications of the files before animation can begin.
In addition to this the role requires prepping models, checking design materials and updating spread sheets
This role would suit an organised and thorough individual and although a good working knowledge of Flash is not necessary it would be an advantage. Also a good understanding of the animation pipeline would be preferable.
This exciting opportunity would suit a junior animator or someone looking to break into the animation industry and the successful candidate will benefit from working within a busy production office and gain experience across all aspects of animation production.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Boulder are looking for talented 2D animators to join the team.
All applicants must be classically trained and a good working knowledge of Flash and/or Harmony is required.
Please email your applications along with links to your 2D specific showreels to email@example.com
Boulder are currently looking for talented BG Artists.
The successful candidates must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and have good knowledge of perspective and colour theory.
Experience is preferred but not essential.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a BG Test as part of the selection process.
If you have all of the above please apply with your BG specific cv/showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Boulder Media are currently looking for an enthusiastic, talented and technical Junior Systems Administrator/Developer to undertake the role of maintaining the day to day running of medium sized (100+) network of servers, workstations and other network devices. Applicants will be highly motivated and organized. We work in a fast paced environment which is also a great match for applicants interested in film, TV and animation.
The System Administrator is responsible for the deployment, operation, and maintenance of all hardware and software systems within the company’s IT infrastructure. The System Administrator is required to maintain and provide day to day support for hardware, operating systems, and industry standard software packages (Harmony, Flash, Photoshop, Maya).
In addition successful applicants will be responsible for the development and support of in house tools and procedures that extend, automate and enhance the core production pipeline.
- Provide IT support for fast- paced media production operation by diagnosing and resolving various hardware and software issues on Windows and MacOS workstations. Setup and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- Manage a dynamic Windows server 2003 / 2008 /2012 infrastructure. Including storage, servers and networking equipment.
- Improve systems deployment, maintenance and service management capabilities through automation.
- Contribute to infrastructure reviews, capacity planning, disaster recovery solutions, system upgrades, load balancing strategies etc.
- Monitor and manage data retention and backup services.
- Perform root cause analysis of service impacting events and develop strategies to prevent re-occurrence.
- Provide weekly stats and reporting to IT manager
- Development and support of in house scripts, apps and procedures to extend and enhance the core production pipeline.
- Work with multiple departments, including animation, compositing, backgrounds, etc.. to design and implement custom production workflows.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 environments and familiarity with Active Directory.
- Knowledge of server technologies AD, LDAP, RAID, CIFS, network stack technologies
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, specifically TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, and use of packet captures.
- Strong programming skills, Proficiency in at least 1 scripting language (Python, ActionScript)
- Good understanding of deploying and managing Windows 7 and Office applications.
- Familiarity with Dell Sonicwall Firewalls and Cisco Switches
- Familiarity with FTP clients and servers.
- HP/Dell Server configuration
- Development experience in C, C++ or C#
- Understanding of Regular Expressions
- Experience integrating tools into existing or new pipelines.
- Experience with multiple Digital Content Creation applications such as Flash, Photoshop, After Effects, ToonBoom
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
Who We’re Looking For:
1) Bachelor ( 4Years ) degree, in computer science or similar.
4) One to two years systems administration experience.
5) Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
6) Pro active and self starter
Here you will be working with the latest technologies. If you are an aspiring technical support / systems administrator that is looking for a dynamic company in the media industry this is the right place for you. If you think that this job is for you apply in total confidence to email@example.com
Thank you for your applications but I am afraid the position of Animatic Editor has now been filled.
We are currently looking for a 2D Character Designer to work on an upcoming TV series.
The successful candidate will need to work in-house for the duration of the pre-production.
Please send relevant CV and Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org