As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented Concept Designer for Environments the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
- Work with the AD and PD to help establish a consistent visual direction.
- Develop inspiring concept designs for locations, props and effects.
- Establish Light-Keys for the Lighting team.
- Understand and interpret colour scripts.
- Provide information to storyboards and 3D department.
- Create technical line drawings and turnarounds when necessary.
- Assemble influential research & reference material for the 3D team.
- Work effectively with the AD and PD so that they are aware of production concerns and issues dealing with creating concept art.
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule.
- Must have at least 2 years experience working as a Concept Designer.
- Extensive knowledge of PHOTOSHOP.
- Strong knowledge of colour, lighting & overall composition.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling is a PLUS.
- An excellent understanding of the whole animation production process.
- Exceptional drawing skills.
- Good communication, visual storytelling and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to direction and can visually interpret other people’s ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
If you think you fit the description above please apply using the application form or alternatively forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Concept Designer for Environments – 3D Feature” in the subject line.