Boulder Media are currently looking for an enthusiastic, talented and technical Junior Systems Administrator/Developer to undertake the role of maintaining the day to day running of medium sized (100+) network of servers, workstations and other network devices. Applicants will be highly motivated and organized. We work in a fast paced environment which is also a great match for applicants interested in film, TV and animation.
The System Administrator is responsible for the deployment, operation, and maintenance of all hardware and software systems within the company’s IT infrastructure. The System Administrator is required to maintain and provide day to day support for hardware, operating systems, and industry standard software packages (Harmony, Flash, Photoshop, Maya).
In addition successful applicants will be responsible for the development and support of in house tools and procedures that extend, automate and enhance the core production pipeline.
- Provide IT support for fast- paced media production operation by diagnosing and resolving various hardware and software issues on Windows and MacOS workstations. Setup and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- Manage a dynamic Windows server 2003 / 2008 /2012 infrastructure. Including storage, servers and networking equipment.
- Improve systems deployment, maintenance and service management capabilities through automation.
- Contribute to infrastructure reviews, capacity planning, disaster recovery solutions, system upgrades, load balancing strategies etc.
- Monitor and manage data retention and backup services.
- Perform root cause analysis of service impacting events and develop strategies to prevent re-occurrence.
- Provide weekly stats and reporting to IT manager
- Development and support of in house scripts, apps and procedures to extend and enhance the core production pipeline.
- Work with multiple departments, including animation, compositing, backgrounds, etc.. to design and implement custom production workflows.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 environments and familiarity with Active Directory.
- Knowledge of server technologies AD, LDAP, RAID, CIFS, network stack technologies
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, specifically TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, and use of packet captures.
- Strong programming skills, Proficiency in at least 1 scripting language (Python, ActionScript)
- Good understanding of deploying and managing Windows 7 and Office applications.
- Familiarity with Dell Sonicwall Firewalls and Cisco Switches
- Familiarity with FTP clients and servers.
- HP/Dell Server configuration
- Development experience in C, C++ or C#
- Understanding of Regular Expressions
- Experience integrating tools into existing or new pipelines.
- Experience with multiple Digital Content Creation applications such as Flash, Photoshop, After Effects, ToonBoom
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
Who We’re Looking For:
1) Bachelor ( 4Years ) degree, in computer science or similar.
4) One to two years systems administration experience.
5) Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
6) Pro active and self starter
Here you will be working with the latest technologies. If you are an aspiring technical support / systems administrator that is looking for a dynamic company in the media industry this is the right place for you. If you think that this job is for you apply in total confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org